10 Things You Would Tell Your 16-Year-Old Self If You Could
1. Keep dreaming. Nothing is too big.
2. You are not good at calculus. Study hard. But it’s just not your thing. That’s ok. Don’t feel bad about your obsession with Twitter and Facebook. It’s going to give you a career.
3. The people that come into your life this year will be by your side for the rest of your life. They matter. Don’t push them away.
4. Matching headbands, oxford shirts, and socks won’t last forever.
5. It’s perfectly fine that you don’t have a designer purse and you don’t spend $100 on jeans. Embrace your collection of sweatpants.
6. Be grateful for what you have. You’re lucky.
8. Go to every Football Friday Night. You can’t ever go back to that feeling.
10. Hug Skyla. Tell her you love her every chance you get. Enjoy when she’s your baby sister.
She grows up so fast!
The most important thing I’d tell my 16-year-old self is that everything will be ok. Even though it doesn’t feel like it. Everything will work out. You’ll be happy. It gets better. It always gets better.
The person I am today is because of the person that I was at 16. The person who survived being 16.
Thank you to everyone who was part of my life then and is still part of my life now. You all are amazing!